Complete Keto Diet Food ListByHarshita Sehgal-Mar272018
Have you decided to take to on a Ketogenic diet? And do you exactly know what to eat? If you are not sure here is an overview of what to eat and what not to in Keto diet. Scroll below to know:
1. Fats and oils
5. Nuts and seeds
• Fats and oils
Healthy fats are the main ingredients of the Keto diet. To keep your body in ketosis it is important to break down fat instead of carbs or protein for fuel efficiency. You have to eat a lot of fats while you are on Keto diet.
List of some ketogenic diet food options that are ideal for fats and oils
- Fatty Fish
- Animal Fat (non-hydrogenated)
- Coconut Butter
- Egg Yolks
- Macadamia/Brazil Nuts
- Cocoa Butter
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
Below is the list of protein foods that are usually consumed in the ketogenic diet.
• Fish: preferably eat Fattier fish.
• Shellfish: You can eat Clams, crab, oysters, lobster, scallops, mussels, and squid.
• Whole Eggs: You can cook eggs in many different ways like fried, boiled, poached, and scrambled.
• Beef: Buy any of these: Ground beef, steak, roasts, and stew meat.
• Pork. Ground pork, pork loin, pork chops, tenderloin, and ham.
• Poultry. Chicken, duck, quail, pheasant and other wild game.
• Bacon and Sausage.
• Nut Butter: choose natural, unsweetened nuts and try to stick with fattier
Vegetables are an essential part of the keto diet. The best types of veggies are the ones high in nutrients and low in carbohydrates like spinach or kale. You should completely avoid starchy vegetables and fruits such as potatoes and bananas. Most root vegetables and fruits are a no-no. Stick to vegetables which have less that 5 gm carbs per 100 grams serving size.
In keto, dairy products are consumed with meals. Try consuming dairy products in a moderate level only. Some of the examples of dairy products that you can eat are Greek yogurt, butter, pouring cream, cheese, and mayonnaise. Dairy is no doubt a great way to add fat into your meals hence; it becomes a necessity in keto diet. Try to stick to natural sources of food with no preservatives.
• Nuts and seeds
Nuts are a great source of fat but remember they contain carbohydrates as well. While consuming nuts be careful about its quantity. In keto, you must eat low carb nuts like Brazil nuts, Pecans, and Macadamia nuts.
Keto diet has a diuretic effect and dehydration becomes a problem. It is recommended to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily. You can also have flavored water, broth, and tea. Try to consume less coffee and alcohol.