How to Make A Perfect PastaBy Harshita Sehgal - 16 September 2020
Pasta surely has a place in our hearts as we all enjoy hot and yummy pasta filled with cheese and seasoning. And if you are a pasta lover you must know that it is a time taking process. If you have been struggling for too long in the kitchen making pasta and still haven’t got the perfect one then here are some tips to make a perfect one.
- Don’t rinse cooked pasta as it will prevent the sauce from sticking to it.
- Don’t overcook the pasta as it spoils the taste.
- Add oil only when you have rinsed the pasta
- Use a large pot to cook pasta because it tends to expand as it cooks. If there is not enough water, it will be mushy and sticky.
- Keep stirring, it may sound obvious but this simple step can easily be forgotten. So keep stirring so that pasta doesn’t stick together.
- Strain your pasta as soon as it’s done, and don’t let it hang out in the water off the heat.
- Add salt to the pasta while it is cooking as it tends to absorb the salt adding the right flavor to it.
- Pick the right pasta shape for the sauce you’re using.
- You don’t always need to add extra cheese for taste.
- Avoid using Indian spices in the sauce.
- Make a healthy pasta sauce with mixed vegetable pure instead of just tomato.
- Add your pasta to the sauce and not the sauce to your pasta.
- Continuously stir your pasta so that there are no lumps in the sauce
Check out some delicious pasta recipes: