Is Keto Diet a Way of Life?Byfitnessroar-Mar262018
Is Ketogenic diet the lifestyle you were looking for?
Keto diet is also referred to as low carb diet, banting, Ketogenic diet and low-carb high- fat diet(LCHF). Ketosis is a natural process that the body initiates which helps us to survive when our food intake is low. During this whole process, our body produces ketones which are produced by the breakdown of fats in the liver. While this diet uses fats for your survival , it also makes you energetic.
While in a normal diet we tend to consume high carbs to produce energy also called glucose and insulin. The glucose produced helps us work through the day and the excessive energy becomes fat. This is usually the number one reason we all tend to gain weight. However, when you lower carb consumption to negligible and up your fats, the body is induced into a state called ketosis. The primary goal of this whole process is to force your body into a metabolic state. This is not done through starvation of calories but of carbohydrates.
A ketogenic diet works because it suppresses your appetite and cravings. It provides you with a regulated appetite. But before you decide on taking it as your lifestyle for weight loss, read out some points about it:
• This diet brings your body into a state of ketosis.
• In Ketosis body burns fat for energy instead of carbohydrates.
• When you do not eat calories or carbohydrates then the body switches to the state of ketosis.
• When your body is under ketosis the liver uses body’s fatty acids to make ketones which burn for fuel.
• It is quite difficult but really helpful in weight loss.
Basically, in Keto diet, the body burns fat for energy rather than carbohydrates. A person can burn fat rapidly, even when consuming lots of fat and calories in the diet.
Here are some advantages of the keto diet:
• Appetite suppression control
Ketogenic diet actually reduces appetite by changing the concentrations of hormones and nutrients that affect hunger. This happens because of the satiating nature of foods rich in fat.
• Keto burns fat
While following this diet, you are in a state of fasting where your body stores fat for energy. By eating low carb food the body is forced to use fat as energy fuel, allowing the body to use its own reserved fat. • It regulates hormones
It is one of the most important benefits of Keto diet. This diet helps you sustain the weight loss by adjusting the hormones which have a direct effect on weight. It stimulates cholecystokinin, which is released after your meals. It helps you avoid food cravings.
• It stabilizes blood sugar
When you consume Ketogenic diet, by eating lots of vegetables, you experience more stabilized blood sugar. It is done as you don’t take foods that have high refined sugars. It eliminates sugar spikes as well.
Disadvantages of Keto diet:
• Keto is a restrictive way of eating and for some people, it is difficult to live without eating higher carbohydrate food.
• If you want result then you must adapt it for at least 1-2 weeks, this pause can be uncomfortable for some of the metabolism in the body increases.
• It requires forethought and restraint nature.
• It can be a problem for your long-term health
• It can be quite difficult to adhere to a diet that induces ketosis, As you won’t be able to get those foods that a function or some event.
This week we shall cover more about this miraculous diet.
Keto requires constant medical supervision and should be done under a certified nutritionist.