Remedies to Naturally Reduce CholesterolByHarshita Sehgal-Jun212018
As we grow old, unwanted cholesterol can hit us and diet plays an important role in maintaining cholesterol levels. Though our body needs cholesterol, but too much of it can cause heart disease. So here we bring some easy and simple ways to reduce your cholesterol level and lead a better life.
- Carrots Juice helps to flush out fat from the liver which helps lower cholesterol.
- Seaweeds reduce the amount of blood cholesterol.
- Grapefruit- similar to apples, grapefruit has the soluble fiber pectin, which decreases LDL cholesterol.
- Avocadoes- They are a rich source of mono-saturated fats and fiber which lowers the LDL.
- Apples– The pectin present in apples lowers cholesterol levels.
- Bananas– The dietary fiber and potassium in bananas helps in controlling blood pressure.
Studies show that Cinnamon lower cholesterol. 1 tablespoon of cinnamon can be as healthy as one bowl of oats.
Nuts contain proteins, omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, magnesium, and potassium. Walnuts and almonds are the best for reducing the cholesterol levels. Eating a daily serving of nuts is linked to a 28% lower risk of heart disease.
Fatty fish- eating fish twice or thrice a week can reduce the LDL. It contains Omega-3s which reduces triglycerides in the bloodstream and also protects the heart
Foods to avoid:
- Coconut oil
- Palm oils
- Hydrogenated fats- like butter
- Red Meat
Smoking increases the risk of heart disease in several ways. One of these is by changing how the body handles cholesterol.The immune cells in smokers are unable to return cholesterol from vessel walls to the blood for transport to the liver.
While moderate alcohol intake reduces heart disease risk, too much alcohol harms the liver and increases the risk of dependence. The recommended limit is two drinks daily for men and one for women,
Stress promotes cholesterol production in the liver because cholesterol is needed for the synthesis of the stress hormone cortisol. Take out some time for relaxation in your day.
Follow these simple tips along with regular workout to stay away from cholesterol issues.