Keto Diet: Most Commonly Asked questionsBy Prachi Priya - 14 July 2020
A ketogenic diet is something people are always curious to know about. They want to know its results and the precautions to be followed while practising this diet plan. There are tons of Keto related questions everybody wants to know and we bring some of the most commonly asked
- Doing Ketogenic Diet, will I always feel hungry?
It is surprising but no, while doing Keto one feels full.
- How does the Ketogenic Diet work?
This diet includes food with a good amount of fat and protein and this helps to keep a check on blood sugar levels. \
- How can one lose weight on Ketogenic Diet?
One can lose weight as you eliminate foods high in carbohydrates and fats, that helps in losing easily.
- The major difference between a Low Carbohydrate Diet and the Ketogenic Diet?
A low carbohydrate diet is something that has less than 30% of calories while in the ketogenic diet, it is a high fat, moderate protein and low carb approach.
- Do calories need to be counted?
Calories’ counting is a good tool to get a rough idea of a person’s calorie intake though keto diet macros matter more then calories.
- How long does it take to get into Ketosis?
It takes time for the body to adjust to the diet plan. The process can take from 2-7 days, depending on the body type of a person, activity levels, and intake.
- How much weight will I lose and how fast?
There are no numbers defined as it depends from person to person. But it is possible to lose approx 5 pounds a week.
- How do I start with Keto?
You need to get educated before starting with it. What foods are keto friendly, timings to eat, things to resist etc. needs to be known.
- Why can’t I have fruits on Keto?
Fruits, when broken, becomes glucose, and this is why asked they are avoided in this diet.